I just felt the need to inform who ever is reading this.
That I am part of this whole consumerist thing too..i try to be conscious but I do admit to my wants coming in the way very often.
I have realised how ever that over time my look towards clothing is changing. I much rather spend a bit more on a piece of clothing that looks interesting (and is of good quality) knowing that ill wear it over a longer period of time than a whole lot of average looking clothing that tends to tear or change shape after the first few washes.
The last piece of clothing i bought was this wonderful reconstructed top from hidden harmony. LOVE it! and I know it will be an active part of my wardrobe for many years to come. I am slowly but surely discovering that my grandma was right in every sense of the word when she said "goedkoop is duurkoop" ( i guess it kind of translates to Cheap buys are expensive buys)
Ive consciously tried to reuse, give away or use my old clothes for projects that i do in college. But as i said i'm very much part of our whole consumerist society. And I do admit to going shopping to make me feel better.
So yes i love fashion, and I do want to look interesting...but its never too late to make a change right? There are so many ways to look much more interesting (with out having to buy a piece of clothing according to the latest trends every time) if we were just a little more creative (which i'm supposed to be considering i'm in a design institute). It's funny how lazy we tend to get at times.So from now on I'm going to be more conscious about what I buy+ be more creative and do things myself.-And actually practice what I preach.
No comments:
Post a Comment